We started this project in June with demolition work on the room. And over 6 months later, it is finally done. There were many long nights and a lot of frustration. But we are very happy with how it turned out. A big thanks goes out to my dad for helping me with the wainscoting and demolition as well as my brother in law (<- check out his work it’s awesome) for helping me figure out how to use the paint sprayer. I couldn’t have done it without the help of my amazing wife. She helped with so much, ripping boards, installing them, caulking, mudding, painting, and anything else I needed help with. I couldn’t have done it without her.
So after putting 1/4” drywall on the walls for the wainscoting as well as the ceiling, it was time to start putting on some wood.
We also put some wood around the air duct and structural beam in the basement.
Then came the paint. After some frustration and an attempt at rolling and cutting in the wainscoting, we finally got the sprayer working.
And the finished product with new lights.
We also installed a built in book shelf
And the finished desk